- 3/4 C shortening
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/4 C water
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 3 C quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 C chopped nuts
- 1 C chocolate chips
- Cream together shortening, brown sugar, granulated sugar, water, egg, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in oatmeal until well blended.
- Fold in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet and bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until slightly golden brown.
Enjoy with ice cream or a nice tall glass of milk!